< SoilJump to navigation Jump to search
Soil: A layer of small-grained minerals that covers the solid rocks at the surface of our planet and in the presence of water and light provides the basis for terrestrial vegetation.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Earth : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Earth (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Lithosphere : Add brief definition or description
- Biosphere : The entirety of places on Earth inhabited by living organisms.
- Soil fertility : Add brief definition or description
- Soil productivity : Add brief definition or description
- Agriculture : The process of producing food, feed, fiber and other goods by the systematic raising of plants and animals.
- Erosion : Add brief definition or description
- Irrigation : Add brief definition or description
- Biodiversity : The study of the range of life forms in a given ecosystem.
- Renaturation : Add brief definition or description
- Drought : Lack or insufficiency of rain for an extended period that severely disturbs the hydrologic cycle in an area.
- Flood : Add brief definition or description