Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Biodiversity, or pages that link to Biodiversity or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Biodiversity. Needs checking by a human.
- Adaptation : Describes the event of a trait being selected by the mechanism of natural selection.
- Animal : A multicellular organism that feeds on other organisms, and is distinguished from plants, fungi, and unicellular organisms.
- Biodiversity hotspot : A species-rich ecosystem in danger of destruction by human activities.
- Biogeography : The study of patterns of species distribution and the processes that result in such patterns.
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Biome : Major regional or global biotic community, such as a grassland or desert, characterized chiefly by the dominant forms of plant life and the prevailing climate.
- Biophysics : The study of forces and energies in biological systems.
- Botany : The study of plants, algae and fungi (mycology).
- Death : State of thermodynamic equilibrium achieved after the end of life.
- Ecological footprint : The sum of all resource-using or waste-producing activities of a biological unit, if converted to units of biologically productive land.
- Ecosystem : A space in which multiple biological species interact.
- Evolution : A change over time in the proportions of individual organisms differing genetically.
- Extinction : The complete elimination of a species.
- Ireland (island) : An island to the west coast of Great Britain, comprising the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Landscape ecology : Science of studying and improving the relationship between spatial pattern and ecological processes on a multitude of landscape scales and organizational levels.
- Monoculture : A technique, primarily used in agriculture or silviculture (forestry), used as a means of increasing the efficiency of human actions.
- Mumbai : The capital of the Indian state of Maharashtra, and is the most populous city in India; formerly known as Bombay.
- Plant breeding : The purposeful manipulation of plant species in order to create desired genotypes and phenotypes for specific purposes, such as food production, forestry, and horticulture.
- Pollinator decline : The reduction in abundance of pollinators in many ecosystems worldwide.
- Population ecology : Sub-field of ecology concerning dynamics of species populations and their interactions with the environment.
- South Africa : The southernmost African nation; population about 50,000,000.
- Species (biology) : A fundamental unit of biological classification - a set of individual organisms that produce fertile offspring.
- Sustainable development : Pattern of resource use that aims to meet human needs while preserving the environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for future generations.
- Transgenic plant : Add brief definition or description
- Wolf reintroduction : Add brief definition or description