Personal computer/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Personal computer, or pages that link to Personal computer or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Personal computer. Needs checking by a human.
- Advanced Micro Devices : A major manufacturer of integrated circuit chips, especially processors.
- All-in-One PC : Add brief definition or description
- Apple Inc. : US-based electronics company, maker of Macintosh computers, the iPod, iPad and the iPhone.
- Apple Macintosh : A personal computer that runs the Mac operating system (currently over BSD/UNIX), has a generally closed architecture, and is optimized for a consistent user interface. Developed in the early 1980s and released in 1984 by Apple Inc. (at the time known as Apple Computer).
- Beowulf cluster : Distributed supercomputer cluster made from commodity hardware (e.g. PCs).
- Blockheads : A person, according to Dr. Samuel Johnson, who writes for any reason other than money.
- California, history since 1846 : Brief history of the Union's thirty-first state from 1846 to the present day.
- Computer architecture : Add brief definition or description
- Computer : A machine that executes a sequence of instructions.
- Console video games : An interactive entertainment computer or electronic device that manipulates the video display signal of a display device (a television, monitor, etc.) to display a game.
- Cryptography controversy : The "crypto wars", political controversies and legal cases involving the use of cryptography.
- Fear, uncertainty and doubt : A set of emotional responses that tend to make an choice undesirable, often deliberately created by someone who would benefit from that choice not being made
- Fisheries monitoring surveillance and control : The broadening of traditional enforcing national rules over fishing, to the support of the broader problem of fisheries management, from the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
- Form factor : Physical size of a device including linear dimensions, mounting and connector standards, and other parameters that categorize the item as belonging to a mechanically compatible family.
- Geographic Information System : Combined database and mapping system for the capture, storage, and manipulation of geographic data.
- Graphics processing unit : An independent specialized graphics coprocessor responsible for handling the graphics output of the computer, generally to the monitor.
- History of computing : How electronic computers were first invented; how the technology underlying them evolved.
- History of processors : Chronology of the development and history of computer processors.
- Host (computer network) : Add brief definition or description
- IBM compatible PC : A computer compatible with the original IBM PC, but made by a different company.
- Linux kernel : The core piece of the Linux operating system that controls processes, manages memory, and loads device drivers.
- Massively multiplayer online role-playing game : (MMORPG) A genre of online game where a huge number of players are role-playing and interacting in a cyber world.
- Microsoft : A computer software company founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen.
- Punch card : A term for cards used for storing information. Herman Hollerith is credited with the invention of the media for storing information from the United States Census of 1890.
- Routing information base : Add brief definition or description
- SCSI : Add brief definition or description
- Server (computer) : Add brief definition or description
- X86 : Add brief definition or description