Information security/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Information security, or pages that link to Information security or to this page or whose text .
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Signals intelligence : the practice of acquiring information through monitoring the electromagnetic signals deliberately trasmitted by an opponent, including communications (COMINT) and non-communications electronics such as radar (ELINT).
- Risk assessment : Add brief definition or description
- Privacy : Add brief definition or description
- Auditing : Add brief definition or description
- Access control : Add brief definition or description
- Authentication : Add brief definition or description
- Classified information : Material collected or created by a government that is subject to limitations on its release to the general public and may have penalties for its unauthorized release.
- Compartmented control system : A set of controls, in addition to a regular national security classifications, that adds additional security restrictions to especially sensitive information
- Cryptanalysis : The sub-field of cryptology which deals with breaking into existing codes and ciphers.
- Cryptography : A field at the intersection of mathematics and computer science that is concerned with the security of information, typically the confidentiality, integrity and authenticity of some message.
- Digital certificate : A means by which the user of a public key can obtain it from a central repository, with high confidence that key is correct and has not been revoked
- Direction finding : Finding the location of an electromagnetic emitter, either by the crossed bearings from directional antennas from various known points, or by time of arrival or time difference of arrival of the signal at those points
- Low probability of intercept : A set of techniques to minimize the probability of hostile interception of a radio or radar signal
- Malware : A term created from the words "malicious" and "software", used to describe undesirable or harmful software and changes to a computer.
- Miscreant : One who enters a computer or computer network without authorization by the owner or administrator, regardless of the motivation for entry
- Official Secrets Act : Add brief definition or description
- Traffic analysis : Traffic analysis is a branch of signals intelligence, inferring useful information from messages without actually reading them.
- Bank Secrecy Act : A piece of legislation with a somewhat confusing name, as it is intended to strip secrecy from certain bank customers who engage in possibly illegal activities, suggestive of money laundering or tax evasion
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act : a 1996 U.S. statute protecting the confidentiality of medical records
- Patriot Act : a controversial law expanding the ability of the U.S. government to surveil both U. S. citizens and foreign nationals around the world, passed immediately after the 9-11 Attack
- Radio : Transmission and reception of information, which can be voice, data or imagery over electromagnetic radiation in free space (i.e., wireless). The information is modulated onto a carrier wave
- Radar : Add brief definition or description
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act : Add brief definition or description
- Social engineering : Add brief definition or description
- Transborder data flow : Add brief definition or description