< SteamJump to navigation Jump to search
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : a branch of engineering that uses chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems involving fuel, drugs, food, and many other products.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Chemical engineering : a branch of engineering that uses chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems involving fuel, drugs, food, and many other products
- Thermodynamics : The statistical description of the properties of molecular systems
- Air preheater : A general term to describe any device designed to preheat the combustion air used in a fuel-burning furnace for the purpose of increasing the thermal efficiency of the furnace.
- Cogeneration : Add brief definition or description
- Combined power and heat : Add brief definition or description
- Condensate polishing : An ion exchange process used to purify the steam condensate produced in high-pressure steam generation facilities such as those in large thermal power plants.
- Conventional coal-fired power plant : power plant that burns coal in a steam generator to produce high pressure steam, which goes to steam turbines that generate electricity.
- Deaerator : A device used for the removal of air and other dissolved gases from the feedwater to steam generating boilers.
- Enthalpy : Energy function of thermodynamic system equal to internal energy plus pV (pressure times volume).
- Entropy (thermodynamics) : Thermodynamic variable S appearing in the second law of thermodynamics.
- Gas : One of the major states of matter (i.e., gas, liquid, solid and plasma).
- Heat : A form of energy that flows spontaneously from hotter to colder bodies that are in thermal contact.
- Pressure : A ratio equal to the force applied perpendicular to the surface of the area divided by that area (force/area).
- Steam generator : A device that uses a heat source to boil liquid water and convert it into its vapor phase, referred to as steam.
- Steam turbine : Add brief definition or description
- Temperature : A fundamental quantity in physics - describes how warm or cold a system is.
- Water : A chemical compound with one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms (H20). It is often in a liquid form and makes up the bulk of the oceans, lakes, rivers and living organisms.