Relay (networking)/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Relay (networking), or pages that link to Relay (networking) or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : a branch of engineering that uses chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems involving fuel, drugs, food, and many other products.
- Computers : Add brief definition or description
- Network architecture : The separation of telecommunications/ computer/ converged networks into generally understood building blocks, and the definition of technology-independent functions to be carried out by a specific real network
- Locality of networks : The assumption, in networking technologies, about the characteristics of the user space they support, and, as importantly, the user spaces they should ignore
Types of relay
- Repeater (radio) : Add brief definition or description
- Repeater (local area network) : Add brief definition or description
- Bridge (computer network) : A relay that makes forwarding plane decisions based on MAC addresses or other link-local address information
- Router : A relay that forwards individual packets based on information in their header; typically an Internet Protocol header
- Transport gateway : Add brief definition or description
- Midbox : Add brief definition or description
- Application relay : Add brief definition or description
- Electronic switch : Electronic switches are devices that can stop or start an electric current as a result of the absence (or presence) of a control signal.