Maxwell's demon/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Thermodynamics : The statistical description of the properties of molecular systems
- Second law of thermodynamics : Entropy S is a state variable of a thermodynamic system; when a system of temperature T absorbs heat DQ reversibly, then dS = DQ/T; during an irreversible (spontaneous) state change dS > DQ/T.
- James Clerk Maxwell : (1831 – 1879) Scottish physicist best known for his formulation of electromagnetic theory and the statistical theory of gases.
- Perpetuum mobile : Add brief definition or description
- Feynman ratchet : Add brief definition or description
- Brownian motor : Add brief definition or description
- Information : Knowledge of specific events or situations that has been gathered or received by communication; intelligence or news.
- Gedankenexperiment : An experiment involving only rational thought.
- Paradox : Add brief definition or description
- Demon : Add brief definition or description