Infrastructure as a Service/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Infrastructure as a Service, or pages that link to Infrastructure as a Service or to this page or whose text .
- Cloud computing : Use of computer networks, especially the Internet, to access computer resources, operated by a third party; access is on-demand and dynamically assigned — cloud computing differs from managed hosting with resources dedicated to users
- Virtualization : In computing, a broad term that usually refers to the abstraction of resources on a computer, using a container such as a "virtual machine" or several "virtual machines." Usually this is accomplished using either a virtual machine or an operating system that has tools to enable virtual environments to run inside it.
- Software as a Service : A type of cloud computing in which the vendor delivers a specific type of application, such as social networking, medical billing, or other customizable but well-defined function that requires neither application development nor expenditure on servers and data centers
- Platform as a Service : A cloud computing service in which the units of capability bought by the customer are virtual machines accessed through a high-level application programming interface, such as web servers, electronic mail servers, or database servers