Domain Name System/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Domain Name System, or pages that link to Domain Name System or to this page or whose text .
- Internet Protocol : Highly resilient protocol for messages sent across the internet, first by being broken into smaller packets (each with the endpoint address attached), then moving among many mid-points by unpredictable routes, and finally being reassembled into the original message at the endpoint. IP version 4 (IPv4) is from 1980 but lacked enough addresses for the entire world and was superseded by IP version 6 (IPv6) in 1998.
- Directory service : A function that maps to and from human-readable names and computer-readable addresses, not intended to be a search engine
- Domain Name System non-technical policy issues : Add brief definition or description
- Domain Name System security : A set of extensions to the Domain Name System to protect it from security threats known at the time
- Domain Name System and IPv6 : Add brief definition or description
- Domain Name System dynamic update : A set of mechanisms for securely updating the distributed database of the Domain Name System, on an individual host basis