Algebraic geometry/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Algebraic geometry, or pages that link to Algebraic geometry or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Algebraic geometry. Needs checking by a human.
- Abelian surface : A 2-dimensional Abelian variety.
- Abelian variety : A complete non-singular projective variety which is also an algebraic group, necessarily abelian; a complex torus.
- Abstract algebra : Branch of mathematics that studies structures such as groups, rings, and fields.
- Adjunction formula : Formula of algebraic geometry and complex manifold theory relates, for a hypersurface, its normal bundle, its canonical bundle, and the canonical bundle of the ambient variety or manifold.
- Algebra : A branch of mathematics concerning the study of structure, relation and quantity.
- Basis (mathematics) : Add brief definition or description
- Canonical sheaf : In algebraic geometry, differential geometry, and differential topology, the top wedge product of the cotangent sheaf.
- Commutative algebra : Branch of mathematics studying commutative rings and related structures.
- Ernst Eduard Kummer : (29 January 1810 - 14 May 1893) German mathematician who codified some of the relations between different hypergeometric series, proved Fermat's last theorem for a considerable class of prime exponents, and found the Kummer surface.
- Generic point : A point of a topological space which is not contained in any proper closed subset; a point satisfying no special properties.
- Genus-degree formula : Formula which relates the degree d of a non-singular plane curve with its arithmetic genus g.
- Hyperelliptic curve : An algebraic curve given by an equation of the form y2 = f(x).
- Isogeny : Morphism of varieties between two abelian varieties (e.g. elliptic curves) that is surjective and has a finite kernel.
- K3 surface : Complex or algebraic smooth minimal complete surface that is regular and has trivial canonical bundle.
- Kummer surface : An irreducible algebraic surface of degree 4 in P3 with the maximal possible number of 16 double points.
- Mathematics : The study of quantities, structures, their relations, and changes thereof.
- Polynomial equation : An equation in which a polynomial in one or more variables is set equal to zero.
- Riemann-Hurwitz formula : Formula which describes the relationship of the Euler characteristics of two surfaces when one is a ramified covering of the other.
- Riemann-Roch theorem : Theorem that relates the complex analysis of a connected compact Riemann surface with the surface's purely topological genus g, in a way that can be carried over into purely algebraic settings.
- Scheme (mathematics) : Topological space together with commutative rings for all its open sets, which arises from 'glueing together' spectra (spaces of prime ideals) of commutative rings.
- Étale morphism : An algebraic analogue of the notion of a local isomorphism in the complex analytic topology.