Plant breeding/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Plant breeding, or pages that link to Plant breeding or to this page or whose text .
- Agriculture: The process of producing food, feed, fiber and other goods by the systematic raising of plants and animals.
- Crop origins and evolution: History of the origins of agriculture and the evolutionary processes that have affected plants during and after domestication.
- Biotechnology and Plant breeding: Add brief definition or description
- Transgenic plants: Add brief definition or description
- Horizontal gene transfer in plants: Any process in which an organism transfers genetic material (i.e. DNA) to another cell that is not its cellular offspring, as distinct from vertical gene transfer where genes are inherited from parents or ancestors in a lineage of cellular organisms.
- Classical plant breeding: The application of genetic principles to improve cultivated plants.
- Biotechnology and plant breeding: The use of microorganisms, such as bacteria or yeasts, or biological substances, such as enzymes, to improve plants and prevent plant diseases.
- Cisgenic plants: Process that inhibits the flow of genetic information to protein synthesis.