< HypothermiaJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 06:15, 5 February 2011 by
- See also changes related to Hypothermia, or pages that link to Hypothermia or to this page or whose text .
- Cold exposure : Add brief definition or description
- Trauma medicine : Damage inflicted on the body as the direct or indirect result of an external force, with or without disruption of structural continuity.
- Induced hypothermia : Add brief definition or description
- Damage control surgery : Minimal surgery, before transfer to the Surgical Intensive Care Unit, that achieves control of hemorrhage and contamination without exposing the multiply injured patient to the lethal triad caused by excessively long initial operations
- Lethal triad : In the context of trauma medicine and damage control surgery, the combination of trauma induced coagulopathy, hypothermia and metabolic acidosis
- Trauma induced coagulopathy : Recently recognized and incompletely defined patterns of blood coagulation abnormalities following trauma and also developing in trauma resuscitation
- Acidosis : Condition noted for accumulation of acid (e.g., lactate ion) or depletion of alkaline reserves (bicarbonate ion) in blood and tissues.