To contact staff off-site, please use the email below.
Please send email to manager A T citizendium.org .
Memberships, and Assistant Editor-in-Chief
- We have several dozen Authors
- Number of past authors: (4,658)
- Pat Palmer (since June 23rd, 2020)
- Anthony Messana (currently writing a bot to populate topics on the Related Articles tab)
- John Stephenson (fills all the empty spaces that no one else is filling)
- Sergei Chekanov (did the server migration and major software upgrades in 2022)
- Russell John (software update in Nov 2022)
- Greg Sabino Mullane (emergency backup; reappointed March 27th, 2015)
Former tech staff:
- Joshua Sadule (in 2020 if not earlier; on the server side of things; exited Mar. 2022)
- Francisco Reyes (since March 27th, 2015; exited Mar. 2022; still advises some)
- Treasurer: Mark Widmer
About our staff
The Citizendium is run by a collection of volunteers. Pat Palmer and User:John Stephenson are working with an Advisory Team on policy, goals and membership. John Stephenson is handling new account requests, and User:Sergei Chekanov upgraded the software in March 2022; at the same time as the software upgrade, hardware was also upgraded to include SSD drives and a faster processor.
Until 2021, Francisco Reyes and Joshua Sadule worked (along with occasional assistance from others) towards upgrading the server and outdated wiki software, and generously handled many repairs and backups.
In 2020, domain ownership was transferred to Pat Palmer, who expects to continue operating the wiki with a high degree of transparency, with gratitude to all the volunteers helping keep things going. Also since 2020, Citizendium has occasionally paid for professional tech support in upgrading the software behind the wiki.
New volunteers are welcome! Let us know if you'd like to become involved.
Contributors are not paid for writing articles and we have no plans to allow that. The wiki is also free to use and all our articles are available under a free license. We rely entirely on donations from our volunteers and supporters.
In terms of work on the project itself, this is a volunteer project. Occasionally, management has had to pay a contractor briefly for technical work, but mostly we do it ourselves. No one helping manage or run the wiki receives any salary or benefits.
|CZ:Home | Workgroups | Personnel | Governance | Proposals | Recruitment | Contact | Donate | FAQ | Sitemap|
|How to Edit||