< UzbekJump to navigation Jump to search
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Uzbek. Needs checking by a human.
- Abdul Rashid Dostum : Afghan Uzbek warlord who had been the dominant figure in the north, although he may have gone into exile in Turkey
- Afghanistan : A Islamic republic in Central Asia, with an unstable but elected government; borders China, Iran, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan
- Arab : People who identify with or recognise heritage from areas of the Middle East and North Africa on linguistic, cultural, ethnic or religious grounds.
- Ari Babakhanov : An instrumental musician performing Central Asian traditional music, particularly of the Shash maqom style.
- Balkh Province : The most developed province of northern Afghanistan, whose capital is Mazar-e-Sharif; it has the key route into Uzbekistan
- Battle of Kunduz : A battle in northern Afghanistan in November 2001, the climax of the northern campaign, which involved numerous Taliban prisoner deaths, in a possible atrocity and in a prison revolt
- CIA activities in Asia-Pacific : This is a regional-level subpage dealing with CIA intelligence and operations pertaining to the Asia-Pacific area. Large topics may be in subordinate pages.
- Hamid Karzai : President of Afghanistan, who took interim office in 2002, was reelected to a full five-year term in 2004, and gained another term after a disputed election in August 2009; Pashtun of the Durrani tribe
- Mazar-e-Sharif : Afghanistan's second-largest city, in its north
- Northern Alliance : A military alliance against the Taliban in Afghanistan's civil war, which, with U.S. assistance, drove it from power in the Afghanistan War (2001-)
- Parwan Province : A relatively peaceful province of Afghanistan, north of Kabul, and containing the key all-season route from the capital to the northern part of the country
- Salafism : A strict branch of Sunni Islam, dedicated to the restoration of the Caliphate, often by means of armed jihad
- Tajik : An ethnic group of Central Asia, culturally Persian and speaking the Dari dialect of Farsi; they are the dominant group of Tajikistan and the second largest ethnic group of Afghanistan
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Turkic languages : Language family of Asia and Europe.