User:Sorin Adam Matei
Sorin A. Matei (Ph.D, Annenberg School for Communication, USC) is an Associate Professor in the Department of Communication, Purdue University and specializes in the social-spatial shaping and impact of communication technologies.
His research focuses on media use in community settings, with an emphasis on the social construction of space and social interactions. He has done work in the area of online interaction design, especially knowledge management systems such as wikis. A distinct area of interest is the role played by communication technologies in shaping affective and cognitive mental maps. His work was published in the Journal of Communication, Communication Research, American Behavioral Scientist and in a number of books.
A former BBC World Service producer, he is also interested in the impact of communication technology on global social processes. More details about his work can be found on the following sites:
- http://www.matei.org/ithink, Personal webspace and blog
- http://wikiway.net, Course Wiki Space
- http://alterpode.com , A site for teaching geographic relativism
- http://www.visiblepast.net, A GWIKI spatial information indexing and location aware system
- http://www.mentalmaps.info, A mental mapping information space