< TokyoJump to navigation Jump to search
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Honshu : (本州 Honshuu) largest of the islands of Japan, divided into five regions and including the cities of Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima; population about 103,000,000.
- Greater Tokyo Area : Densely-populated metropolitan area of Japan located in the Kanto region of Honshu island, including Tokyo and the surrounding prefectures of Chiba, Kanagawa and Saitama; population about 35,000,000.
- Culture of Japan : Set of traditions, pastimes, artistic expression, use of language, belief systems and so on that distinguishes Japan from other nations.
- Hirohito : The 124th and longest-reigning Emperor of Japan, 1926-89.
- Hokusai : (1760—1849) The most influential and best-known Japanese artist.
- Japanese language : (日本語 Nihongo), Japonic language spoken mostly in Japan; Japonic family's linguistic relationship to other tongues yet to be established, though Japanese may be related to Korean; written in a combination of Chinese-derived characters (漢字 kanji) and native hiragana (ひらがな) and katakana (カタカナ) scripts; about 125,000,000 native speakers worldwide.
- Japanese popular culture : Add brief definition or description
- Kanto : (関東地方 Kantoo-chihoo), region of Japan on Honshu island, divided into seven prefectures and including the capital, Tokyo; population about 41,650,000.
- Japan, history : Add brief definition or description
- Kyoto : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Kyoto (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.