Added a decorative painting
I added a decorative painting to the article. I wasn't super happy with the clouds but it was the second painting I had done in about 30 years. I used to paint little things when I was a teen. I still paint once in awhile but lately I've been trying to learn how to reborn dolls.Mary Ash 06:04, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
- It's a sweet painting. Apologies, I see that my intro was misleading. Painting is not classed as a decorative art, but as fine art. Can we use the uploaded painting image to illustrate painting? You've created a new opportunity! Aleta Curry 07:15, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
- We must be having a slight cultural misunderstanding as in the US the painting I submitted would be considered decorative art. It is not fine art as I used a decorative art pattern to trace the pattern onto canvas board. I do not consider myself a fine artist as I used a pattern to complete the project. Here that would be considered decorative art. Decorative painting could also be used on glassware, ceramics and textiles. Mary Ash 14:16, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, good, you appreciate the distinction. I was tiptoeing around for fear of offending. Always difficult when one is talking about people's own creations. I thought maybe using the picture to illustrate colour and texture would be a good 'out'.
- I think it would be best to use a different type of illustration altogether, something very clear. Do you happen to have made a glass swan or something? :)
- Aleta Curry 21:22, 11 January 2011 (UTC)