Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Supercooling, or pages that link to Supercooling or to this page or whose text .
- State of matter : Add brief definition or description
- Liquid : One of the major states of matter (i.e., gas, liquid, solid, and plasma).
- Solid : The state in which matter maintains a fixed volume and shape (is neither a gas nor a liquid).
- Melting point : The temperature at which a solid starts to melt, i.e. to turn into a liquid.
- Freezing point : Add brief definition or description
- Phase transition : Add brief definition or description
- Freezing : The removal of heat from a liquid until it crystalizes.
- Glass transition temperature : The temperature at which a glass-forming liquid transforms into a glass, which usually occurs upon rapid cooling.
- Nucleation : The extremely localized budding of a distinct thermodynamic phase.
- Homogeneous nucleation : Add brief definition or description
- Heterogeneous nucleation : Add brief definition or description
- Vitrification : A process of converting a material into a glass-like amorphous solid that is free from any crystalline structure, either by the quick removal or addition of heat, or by mixing with an additive.
- Cryobiology : The study of living organisms, organs, biological tissues or biological cells at low temperatures.
- Cryoprotectant : A substance that protects biological tissue from freezing damage.
- Cold hardiness : The ability of an organism to survive temperatures below the melting point of water, i.e. at 0°C or less (at sea level).
- Freeze tolerance : Add brief definition or description
- Liquid crystal : Add brief definition or description