Subcommitee on Terrorism and Homeland Security
Under the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary, the Terrorism and Homeland Security Subcommittee has jurisdiction over various law enforcement aspects of this subject. Depending on the issue, it may also work with other subcommittees of Judiciary, or of the Senate Committee on Armed Services, or Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. Its assignments are:
- Oversight of anti-terrorism enforcement and policy
- Oversight of U.S. Department of Homeland Security functions as they relate to anti-terrorism enforcement and policy
- Oversight of U.S. State Department consular operations as they relate to anti-terrorism enforcement and policy;
- Oversight of encryption policies, with special emphasis export licensing
- Oversight of espionage laws and their enforcement.
To some extent, it overlaps the role of the U.S. Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, but concentrates more on the law enforcement and active anti-terror aspects.
- Benjamin Cardin, Maryland (Chairman)
- Herb Kohl, Wisconsin
- Dianne Feinstein, California
- Charles Schumer, New York
- Richard Durbin, Illinois
- Edward Kaufman, Delaware