Red Sailfish (fireboat)
The Red Sailfish was the world's most powerful fireboat when she was commissioned in 2019. She is operated by Singapore's Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), which commissioned two other large fireboats, the Red Manta and Red Dolphin, at the same time.
She can project 53,000 imperial gallons per minute. Her superstructure is pressurized, for protection against chemical, biological or radiological threats. She has decontamination showers, and an infirmary, for rescuing injured individuals. She has a stern launching ramp for a rescue boat. She is also equipped with a unique navigational aid - an autopilot designed to keep the vessel on station, when the thrust from her water cannons is pushing her off position. Her maximum speed is 20 knots. She is capable of "dynamic positioning".
Red Sailfish and Red Manta represented the SCDF, with 11 other vessels, from other agencies, in a ceremonial sailpast, celebrating Singapore's National Day, on August 3, 2020. It was the first sailpast in 20 years.
- Singapore Commissions "World's Most Powerful" Firefighting Boat, Maritime Executive, 2019-08-20. Retrieved on 2020-08-04. “On Tuesday, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) formally commissioned three new firefighting vessels for its marine division, including what the department claims to be the 'world's most powerful firefighting vessel.'”
- A Decade of Resilience in Uncharted Waters. Singapore Ministry of Home Affairs (2022-04-30).
- Kevin Kwang. SCDF unveils 'world's most powerful firefighting vessel' to boost response to maritime emergencies, Channel News Asia, 2019-08-20. Retrieved on 2019-08-21. “Three new firefighting vessels, including one the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) touted as the “world’s most powerful firefighting vessel”, was commissioned by Home Affairs and Law Minister K Shanmugam on Tuesday (Aug 20).”
- Charmaine Ng. SCDF unveils 'world's most powerful marine firefighting vessel', Straits Times, 2019-08-20. Retrieved on 2019-08-21. “Three new marine firefighting vessels - including the world's most powerful in terms of water output - were commissioned by the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) on Tuesday (Aug 20).”
- Prisca Ang. NDP 2020: Maritime sail-past returns to National Day Parade after 20 years; will involve 13 vessels gliding past Marina Bay skyline, Straits Times, 2020-08-03. Retrieved on 2020-08-04. “Other vessels in the column are the PCG's PH-class coastal patrol craft, the SCDF's heavy fire vessel Red Sailfish and heavy rescue vessel Red Manta, and the MPA's patrol craft MPA 1.”