Operation STARVATION/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Operation STARVATION, or pages that link to Operation STARVATION or to this page or whose text .
- Strategic air warfare against Japan : U.S. air warfare against the Japanese Home Islands in the Second World War
- Mine warfare : A naval explosive weapon that waits passively for a target to come into its range, and then detonates or releases a mobile weapon once its sensors detect an appropriate target
- XXIth Bomber Command : The operational field headquarters, based in the Mariana Islands and commanded by Gen. Gurtis LeMay, which conducted the main conventional and nuclear bombing of the Japanese home islands, as well as mining by aircraft; bypassed Chester W. Nimitz and Douglas MacArthur to report to the Twentieth Air Force in Washington, under Joint Chiefs of Staff control
- B-29 : The heaviest bomber aircraft of the Second World War, used by the United States to attack the Japanese home islands, at very long range; delivered nuclear weapons to Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Tinian : Add brief definition or description