Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Mechanics (general): In physics, all theories explaining the behaviour of matter.
- Classical mechanics: The science of mechanics, which is concerned with the set of physical laws governing and mathematically describing the motions of bodies and aggregates of bodies geometrically distributed within a certain boundary under the action of a system of forces.
- Quantum mechanics: An important branch of physics dealing with the behavior of matter and energy at very small scales.
- Biomechanics: The study of the mechanics of biological systems
- : A theoretical model by which one can derive the laws of thermodynamics via statistical analysis of the dynamics of a large number of atoms and molecules
- Mechanical engineering: The branch of engineering concerned with the utilisation of the basic laws of mathematics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, and system dynamics in order to create unique solutions to physical problems.
- Mechanics is also the plural of mechanic, someone who does repair and maintenance work on machines