The Loke Viking is an Anchor handling tug completed in May 2010. She will be the first in a class of four vessels built for Trans Viking. In June 2010 she will be chartered by Edinburgh-based oil company Cairn Energy UK PLC for four months, starting in June 2010, for drilling operations in Baffin Bay.
In early December, 2021, the container ship Almirante Storni was struck by a serious fire, off the coast of Sweden, near Gothenberg. When initial efforts to contain the fire failed the ship's owners contracted the Loke Viking to assist.
- TransAtlantic signs contract for three of its offshore vessels, Trading Markets, 2010-02-16.
- Holly Birkett. Shell charters three of Viking Supply’s anchor handlers, Splash 24x7, 2016-09-21. Retrieved on 2023-10-11. “Loke Viking and Njord Viking (both 19,050 bhp) have both been hired for the same period at a daily rate of £21,000.”
- Viking Supply Ships Wins Work for Four AHTS Vessels, Offshore Engineering magazine, 2022-02-08. Retrieved on 2023-10-11. “Viking Supply Ships owns four AHTS vessels. These are Loke Viking (Lay-up), Magne Viking (in-house), Brage Viking (Lay-up), and Njord Viking, which is set to start a two-week spot gig for Apache this week, assisting with the Ocean Patriot drilling rig in the North Sea, per Viking Supply Ships website data.”
- Bartolomej Tomic. Viking Supply Ships' Four AHTS Deal In Russia Canceled, Offshore Engineering magazine, 2022-05-13. Retrieved on 2023-10-11. “Viking Supply Ships owns four AHTS vessels. These are Loke Viking, Magne Viking, Brage Viking, and Njord Viking.”
- Gary Dixon. Viking laying up ships again in ‘fickle’ North Sea AHTS market, Trade Wind News, 2022-10-07. Retrieved on 2023-10-11. “Brokers identified Viking Supply Ships’ 19,040-bhp Loke Viking (built 2010) as being laid up in Norway.”
- Gary Dixon. Shipowners reactivating older anchor-handlers to combat vessel shortage, Trade Wind News, 2023-03-14. Retrieved on 2023-10-11. “The 23,450-bhp Maersk Achiever (built 2003), the 28,000-bhp Siem Emerald (built 2009) and the 19,034-bhp Loke Viking (built 2010) are all re-entering the market.”
- Mike Schuler. Timber Fire Continues to Rage on Almirante Storni, G Captain, 2021-12-10. Retrieved on 2023-10-11. “Over the last 48 hours, the firefighting effort has been joined by the Norwegian Coast Guard vessel KV Bergen along with the AHTS Loke Viking, which is contracted by the shipowner.”