Jason M. Vanderhaden
|Jason M. Vanderhaden|
Tallahassee, Florida, U.S.
|Occupation||military officer, executive at a Shipbuilding firm|
|Known for||Former Master Chief Petty Officer of the United States Coast Guard|
Jason M. Vanderhaden is a retired petty officer of the United States Coast Guard who served as the 13th Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard from May 17, 2018 to May 19, 2022. As MCPOCG, Vanderhaden served as the principal advisor to the Commandant of the Coast Guard on all enlisted personnel matters. As a matter of protocol, this gave him precedence equal to that of a three-star officer (vice admiral).
Since enlisting in the Coast Guard in May 1988, MCPOCG Vanderhaden has served in a number of positions, including:
- Command Master Chief, Deputy Commandant for Mission Support (DCMS), Washington, DC
- Command Master Chief, Pacific Area, Alameda, CA
- Command Master Chief, 13th Coast Guard District, Seattle, WA
- Command Master Chief, Coast Guard Base Honolulu, Honolulu, HI
- Instructor, Chief Petty Officer Academy, Petaluma, CA
- USCGC Reliance (WMEC-615), Portsmouth, NH
- Coast Guard Station Ponce de Leon Inlet, New Smyrna Beach, FL
- USCGC Active WMEC-618), Port Angeles, WA
- Air Station Humboldt Bay, McKinleyville, CA
- USCGC Cheyenne, St. Louis, MO
- Air Station Clearwater, Clearwater, FL
- Coast Guard Loran Station Iwo Jima
- Coast Guard Food Service Specialist "A" School, Petaluma, CA
- Coast Guard Station Jones Beach, Freeport, NY
- Coast Guard Recruit Basic Training, Cape May, NJ
Following his retirement from the Coast Guard Vanderhaden joined Eastern Shipbuilding Group as an executive. Eastern Shipbuilding is building ships for the US Government, including the Argus class of Offshore Patrol Cutters.
Vanderhaden is a graduate of Class 114 of the Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Academy, the National Defense University’s Keystone Command Joint Senior Enlisted Leader Course, the Harvard Kennedy School Leadership in Homeland Security Course and other service-related schools. Vanderhaden holds a Bachelor of Science from Excelsior University. Vanderhaden is also a graduate of the International Academy of Gourmet Chefs where he was honored to be Valedictorian of the graduating class of 2018.
Vanderhaden and his wife have two adult children who are both currently serving in the United States Coast Guard.
- Some content on this page may previously have appeared on Wikipedia.
- Master Chief Jason M. Vanderhaden Command Master Chief Deputy Commandant for Missions Support (DCMS). U.S. Coast Guard. Template:PD-notice
- Order of Precedence – OPNAVINST 1710.7J (NOTES: 7). JMAR Protocol Training and Consulting. “Senior Enlisted Service Representatives (SMA, SGMMC, MCPON, CMSAF, etc.) are typically afforded precedence equal to that of a three-star officer and are placed somewhere midway between the senior and junior general/flag officer present. This is not an exact rule, but one which can used to arrive at the proper placement for most situations.”
- The Christening and Launch of U.S. Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Cutter ARGUS (Video), Eastern Shipbuilding Group, October 27, 2023. Retrieved on 2023-11-08.