< ConvioJump to navigation Jump to search
- Nonprofit sector : A sector or category of formal organizations, associations or corporations organized for purposes other than profit and governed by legal or ethical non-distribution constraints. Controversy continues over whether the nonprofit sector defines the third sector or civil society or is merely one of the component parts.
- Fundraising : Process of soliciting and gathering money or other gifts in kind, by requesting donations from individuals, businesses, charitable foundations, or governmental agencies.
- Nonprofit management : Responsibility for directing and controlling the affairs of a nonprofit organization. Under U.S. law in most states and territories, primary responsibility for managing the affairs of a nonprofit corporation is vested in the board
- Cloud computing : Use of computer networks, especially the Internet, to access computer resources, operated by a third party; access is on-demand and dynamically assigned — cloud computing differs from managed hosting with resources dedicated to users
- Gene Austin : Add brief definition or description Chief Executive Officer, Convio
- Vinay Bhagat : Add brief definition or description Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Convio
- Bill Pease : Chief Scientist, Convio; Advisory Board, New Organizing Institute
- Salesforce.com : One of the first successful cloud computing vendors, with its best-known Software as a Service offering being one for customer relationship management
- Philanthropy : Action for the love (or good) of humankind; can refer narrowly to fundraising or broadly to "private action for the public good".