Colorectal cancer/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Colorectal cancer, or pages that link to Colorectal cancer or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Colorectal cancer. Needs checking by a human.
- Antineoplastic agent : Drug that prevents the development, maturation, or spread of neoplastic cells.
- Aspirin : Common analgesic used for treating mild to moderate pain; protective against blood clots and heart disease when administered indefinitely in low doses
- Cancer : A generic term for a large group of diseases that can affect any part of the body; one defining feature is the rapid creation of abnormal cells that grow beyond their usual boundaries, and which can then invade adjoining parts of the body and spread to other organs.
- Clinical practice guideline : Document with the aim of guiding decisions and criteria regarding diagnosis, management, and treatment in specific areas of healthcare.
- Cochrane Collaboration : Group of volunteers who review the effects of health care interventions tested in biomedical randomized controlled trials.
- Cohort study : A medical or sociological study in which cohorts, people who share characteristics or experiences, are studied.
- Colonic polyp : Discrete tissue masses that protrude into the lumen of the colon. These polyps are connected to the wall of the colon either by a stalk, pedunculus, or by a broad base.
- Colonoscopy : Endoscopic examination, therapy or surgery of the luminal surface of the colon.
- Computed tomographic colonography : A non-invasive imaging method that uses computed tomographic data combined with specialized imaging software to examine the colon.
- Decision analysis : Formal method for modeling complex decisions in order to quantitatively compare choices.
- Dietary fiber : Remnants of plant cell walls that are resistant to digestion by the alimentary enzymes of man, comprising various polysaccharides and lignins.
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Minnesota Colon Cancer Control Study (PMID 7580661) : Randomized controlled trial of 46,551 participants aged 50 to 80 years in Minnesota, for screening of colorectal cancer using the stool guaiac test.
- Odds ratio : Ratio of the relative incidence (odds) of a target disorder in an experimental group relative to the relative incidence in a control group; reflects how the risk of having a particular disorder is influenced by the treatment (odds ratio of 1 means that there is no benefit of treatment compared to the control group).
- Peanuts : A popular, multiple award-winning comic strip by Charles Schulz that ran originally from 1950 to 2000 and featured a boy named Charlie Brown, for whom nothing ever goes right, his pet dog Snoopy, his sister Sally and a wide variety of friends, notably his best friend, Linus Van Pelt, and Linus' sister, Lucy.
- Sigmoidoscopy : A procedure by which a doctor inserts either a short and rigid or slightly longer and flexible fiber-optic tube into the rectum to examine the lower portion of the large intestine (or bowel).
- Women's Health Initiative : US National Institutes of Health project, to conduct medical research and clinical trials into some of the major health problems of older women.