Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Bioavailability, or pages that link to Bioavailability or to this page or whose text .
- Drug : Substance taken to alter bodily functions, to relieve symptoms, cure or prevent disease, or to cause euphoria.
- Metabolism : The modification of chemical substances by living organisms.
- Nutrient : Add brief definition or description
- Nutrition : The study of foods and nutrients and their effects on health, growth and development of any individual.
- Pharmacology : Study of the changes produced in living animals by chemical substances, especially the actions of therapeutics, substances used to treat disease.
- Bioequivalence : Two different drugs which have the same potency and bioavailability, assuming equal doses.
- Pharmacokinetics : Study of the movement of pharmaceuticals in the body, including the processes of absorption, distribution, metabolism, localization in tissues, biotransformation and excretion.
- Pharmacodynamics : Add brief definition or description
- Biotransformation : Add brief definition or description
- Hormesis : A quantitative and qualitative dose-response relationship in which the effect at low concentrations occurs in the opposite direction from that expected from the effect observed at higher concentrations.
- Prodrug : A chemical compound that becomes metabolized into an active drug.