Battle of Taranto/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Battle of Taranto, or pages that link to Battle of Taranto or to this page or whose text .
- World War II : (1931–1945) The most destructive global war in human history that killed 53 million people. With battles in Europe, Africa, Asia and the South Pacific, the "Allies" (UK, US, Soviet Union) eventually stopped the aggressively expanding "Axis" (Germany, Japan).
- Fleet Air Arm : The naval aviation component of the Royal Navy
- Torpedo : A naval weapon that travels underwater, using its own propulsion, to attack its target, minimally with onboard mechanisms to keep it on a straight course. Modern torpedoes are underwater guided missiles that can track their target and adjust their course to hit it
- Battle of Pearl Harbor : Imperial Japanese Navy raid on United States' naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, which took place on the morning of Sunday, December 7, 1941.