Looking Backward/Related Articles
< Looking BackwardJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 18:13, 17 August 2009 by (add Populist Party)
- See also changes related to Looking Backward, or pages that link to Looking Backward or to this page or whose text .
- Edward Bellamy : Add brief definition or description
- American literature : The novels, plays, poetry, and other creative written work of the American people, from Colonial times to the present.
- Populist Party : An American third party that flourished 1890-96 carrying several states in the 1892 election; in 1896 endorsed the Democratic party candidate, William Jennings Bryan.
- Socialism : Any socio-economic system in which property and distribution of wealth are controlled by a community, by cooperation law.
- Utopia : The name of a fictional society created by Sir Thomas More as a satire on his own, European, society; by extension, it has come to represent all ideal societies, real or imagined.
- Eugene Debs : (1855-1926) American labor leader and socialist politician who ran on numerous occasions for President of the United States on the Socialist Party ticket.
- William Morris : William Morris (1834-1896) was a writer, a businessman, a pioneer of the Arts and Crafts movement, and an early socialist.