< LightningJump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Lightning, or pages that link to Lightning or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Lightning. Needs checking by a human.
- Aircraft : A vehicle capable of sustained flight within the Earth's atmosphere.
- Benjamin Franklin : 1706-1790, American statesman and scientist, based in Philadelphia.
- Electricity : The flow or presence of electric charge; the flow of electricity is an important carrier of energy.
- Film : A visual medium involving the recording and display of images in motion over time, generally by photographic means.
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Frequency modulation : Technique for imposing information onto a electromagnetic signal of constant frequency -- the "carrier wave".
- Glider : Type of unpowered aircraft that uses aerodynamic lift to slow its rate of descent.
- Hindenburg (LZ-129) : Large German commercial passenger-carrying rigid airship, the lead ship of the Hindenburg class, the largest flying machines of any kind ever built, until destroyed by fire on 6 May 1937.
- Kilometre : An SI unit of length, equal to 1000 metres, commonly used for measuring distances on the earth's surface.
- Light : The part of the electromagnetic spectrum visible to a species' biological eye.
- Metre (unit) : Unit of length; one of the seven SI base units.
- Physician : A health science professional fully licensed to practice medicine and surgery.
- Romania : South-east European republic (population c. 22.2 million; capital Bucharest) on the western shore of the Black Sea, and divided by the arc of the Carpathian Mountains, which enclose the Transylvanian basin in the north-west; borders Ukraine, Moldavia, Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria.
- Singapore : Even though of tiny size, one of the world's most prosperous countries, a trading and transportation center of Southeast Asia, made up of islands between Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Snake (organism) : Elongate legless carnivorous reptiles of the suborder Serpentes, order Squamata, abundant in all warm countries.
- Speed of light : A physical constant c describing the speed of electromagnetic radiation in vacuum. In the International System of Units the metre is the distance light travels in classical vacuum in 1/c seconds, using the defined value c = c0 ≡ 299 792 458 m/s (exact).
- Venus (planet) : The second planet from the Sun in our solar system; named after the Roman goddess of love.
- Vitrification : A process of converting a material into a glass-like amorphous solid that is free from any crystalline structure, either by the quick removal or addition of heat, or by mixing with an additive.
- Vortex : Spiraling motion around a common center of rotation.