Kwangtung Leasehold/Related Articles
< Kwangtung LeaseholdJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 13:41, 27 August 2010 by
- See also changes related to Kwangtung Leasehold, or pages that link to Kwangtung Leasehold or to this page or whose text .
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- China : The most populous nation on Earth, third largest by area.
- First Sino-Japanese War : Fought over control of Korea by Qing Dynasty China and Meiji Restoration Japan (1894-1895); Japan gained control of Korea
- Russo-Japanese War : Fought between 1904 and 1905 between Russia and Japan increasing their influence in East Asia, the war resulted in a decisive victory for Japan; culturally significant as the first defeat of an European power by an Asian one; arguably a continuation of Japanese expansion in the First Sino-Japanese War
- Kwangtung Army : Imperial Japanese Army formation that initially garrisoned the Kwangtung Leasehold, and, after Japan took control of Manchuria, was their major force there and fighting China; contained some of the most hard-line officers
- Manchurian Incident : A fake attack on the South Manchurian Railway Company, staged by Kwangtung Army officers, in September 1931, which was the pretext for Japanese military action outside the Kwangtung Leasehold and throughout Manchuria