< ChinaJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 20:09, 24 February 2010 by (added)
- Asia : The largest continent in both land area (with 30% of Earth's land area) and population (with 4 billion people, or 60% of Earth's population).
- East Asia : Region comprising China, Japan, North Korea, South Korea and Taiwan; also defined in cultural terms, with these nations historically or at present sharing writing systems, philosophical modes of thought, and other relationships (population about 1,600,000,000).
- Beijing : Capital city of China (pop. 13,831,900).
- Chongqing : Add brief definition or description
- Shanghai : (Population 18,450,000) City situated near the mouth of the Yangtze River which has long been the international gateway for trade with China.
- China, history
- Song Dynasty : (960–1279 CE); a culturally rich and sophisticated era in China.
- Republic of China (1912-1949) : State that administered mainland China, 1912-1949; government forced to withdraw to Taiwan during the Chinese Civil War.
- People's Republic of China : Add brief definition or description
- Subdivisions of the People's Republic of China
- Taiwan : Formerly known as Formosa, an East Asian island and the common name for territories administered by the Republic of China.
- Hong Kong : Special Administrative Region (SAR) in the south of the People's Republic of China; one of the world's leading financial, industrial, and transportation centres.
- Macau : A Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, and former Portuguese colony, located on the South China Sea south of Guangzhou.
- Manchukuo : Add brief definition or description
- Koshi-byo (Nagasaki) : A Confucius shrine in the south of Nagasaki, Japan; sovereign territory of the People's Republic of China.
- International Show of Peace Concert : Planned global peace concert featuring musicians, celebrities, and politicians, that was to be held at the Bird's Nest Stadium in Beijing, China in 2010.