Abnormal psychology/Related Articles
< Abnormal psychologyJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 23:26, 18 June 2010 by (→Other related topics: Removed space from end of title.)
- See also changes related to Abnormal psychology, or pages that link to Abnormal psychology or to this page or whose text .
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Social science : Any of a number of academic disciplines which study human social behavior, institutions and relations.
- Behavior : The actions or reactions of an object or organism, usually in relation to a stimulus or its environment.
- Psychology : The study of systemic properties of the brain and their relation to behaviour.
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders : A compendium, published by the American Psychiatric Association (APA), that presents a categorization of mental disorders, as well as their associated diagnostic criteria.
- Personality : Add brief definition or description
- Personality disorder : A category of mental illness characterized by rigid and on-going patterns of thought and action, sometimes referred to as "fixed fantasies".
- Psychotherapy : An intervention or insight technique that relies on communication between a therapist and a client(s) to address specific forms of diagnosable mental illness, or everyday problems