Whig Party/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Whig Party, or pages that link to Whig Party or to this page or whose text .
- United States of America : a large nation in middle North America with a republic of fifty semi-independent states, a nation since 1776.
- Second Party System : Term used by historians and political scientists referring to the United States' political system from about 1828 to 1854.
- Henry Clay : (1777-1852) American Whig Party leader, 3-time failed presidential candidate, and broker of North/South compromises that held the Union together.
- Democratic Party (United States) : One of the two major political parties in the United States; usually described as center-left.
- Anti-Masonic Party : Add brief definition or description
- Liberty Party : Add brief definition or description
- Free Soil Party : Short-lived U.S. political party opposing expansion of slavery; it ran presidential candidates in 1848 and 1852.
- Know-Nothing Party : Add brief definition or description
- Andrew Jackson : (1767-1845) Seventh U.S. President (from 1829 to 1837), general defeating the British at New Orleans in 1815; sponsored the violent removal of Native Americans from Tennessee to Oklahoma.