Vapor pressure/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Vapor pressure, or pages that link to Vapor pressure or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : a branch of engineering that uses chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems involving fuel, drugs, food, and many other products.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Chemical engineering : a branch of engineering that uses chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems involving fuel, drugs, food, and many other products
- Antoine equation : A mathematical expression (derived from the Clausius-Clapeyron equation) of the relation between the vapor pressure and the temperature of pure substances.
- Boiling point : The temperature at which the vapor pressure of the liquid equals the external environmental pressure surrounding the liquid and the liquid initiates boiling.
- Clausius-Clapeyron relation : An equation that characterizes the phase transition between two phases of a single compound; the slope of the coexistence curve in the P-T diagram.
- Heat of vaporization : The amount of thermal energy required to convert a quantity of liquid into a vapor.
- Henry's law : The relationship between the amount of gas dissolved in a liquid and the partial pressure of that gas above the liquid.
- Ideal gas law : Relates pressure, volume and temperature for hypothetical gases of atoms or molecules with negligible intermolecular forces.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Partial pressure : The pressure which each gas in a gas mixture would have if it alone occupied the same volume at the same temperature.
- Pressure : A ratio equal to the force applied perpendicular to the surface of the area divided by that area (force/area).
- Raoult's law : Add brief definition or description
- Reid vapor pressure : A measure of the volatility of petroleum crude oil, gasoline and other volatile petroleum products that is widely used in the petroleum industry.
- Relative humidity : Add brief definition or description
- Relative volatility : A measure that compares the vapor pressures of components in a liquid mixture that is widely used in designing distillation and similar separation processes.
- Volatility (chemistry) : A term used to characterize the tendency of a substance to vaporize.