Vapor pressure/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Vapor pressure, or pages that link to Vapor pressure or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Antoine equation : A mathematical expression (derived from the Clausius-Clapeyron equation) of the relation between the vapor pressure and the temperature of pure substances.
- Boiling point : The temperature at which the vapor pressure of the liquid equals the external environmental pressure surrounding the liquid and the liquid initiates boiling.
- Clausius-Clapeyron relation : An equation that characterizes the phase transition between two phases of a single compound; the slope of the coexistence curve in the P-T diagram.
- Heat of vaporization : The amount of thermal energy required to convert a quantity of liquid into a vapor.
- Henry's law : The relationship between the amount of gas dissolved in a liquid and the partial pressure of that gas above the liquid.
- Ideal gas law : Relates pressure, volume and temperature for hypothetical gases of atoms or molecules with negligible intermolecular forces.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Partial pressure : The pressure which each gas in a gas mixture would have if it alone occupied the same volume at the same temperature.
- Pressure : A ratio equal to the force applied perpendicular to the surface of the area divided by that area (force/area).
- Raoult's law : Add brief definition or description
- Reid vapor pressure : A measure of the volatility of petroleum crude oil, gasoline and other volatile petroleum products that is widely used in the petroleum industry.
- Relative humidity : Add brief definition or description
- Relative volatility : A measure that compares the vapor pressures of components in a liquid mixture that is widely used in designing distillation and similar separation processes.
- Volatility (chemistry) : A term used to characterize the tendency of a substance to vaporize.