Van der Waals radius/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Van der Waals radius, or pages that link to Van der Waals radius or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Van der Waals radius. Needs checking by a human.
- Atomic radius : A measure of the size of an atom, usually the distance from the nucleus to the boundary of the surrounding cloud of electrons.
- Avogadro's constant : The number of entities (such as atoms, ions, or molecules) per mole; dimension mol−1
- Intermolecular forces : Non-covalent forces between atoms and molecules; often synonymous with Van der Waals forces.
- Johannes Diderik van der Waals : (1837 – 1923) Dutch scientist, proposed the van der Waals equation of state for gases.
- Lithium : A chemical element, having the chemical symbol Li, and atomic number (the number of protons) 3.
- Van der Waals (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Van der Waals equation : An equation of state for a fluid composed of particles that have a non-zero size and a pairwise attractive inter-particle force.
- Van der Waals forces : Weak forces between (closed-shell) atoms and molecules. Attractive for long distances, repulsive for short distances. Sometimes used as synonym for the attractive London (dispersion) force (the only attractive force between noble gases).