User talk:D. Matt Innis
|To Approve articles||Confirm Accounts||Diberri citation maker||Help Wikiformatting||Citizendium Test Wiki||CZ:How to use Bugzilla|
Leave questions and requests below
Question re 'disambiguation' pages
Through the 'Move' tab, I renamed Oxidation to Oxidation-Reduction, for reasons stated on the latter's Talk page. In addition, I created a REDIRECT page, redirecting Redox, an article we don't have, to Oxidation-Reduction, because oxidation-reduction reactions are commonly referred to as redox reactions.
We also have an article called Redox modulation. Will any problems arise if I create Redox/Disambiguation, and include both Redox and [Redox modulation]]? In other words, can a disambiguation page contain an article name that redirects to another article?
Thanks. Anthony.Sebastian 21:18, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
Please complete Approval Mechanics for Cypherpunk/Draft
Matt, I just now certified Cypherpunk/Draft for approval. Will you please complete Approval Mechanics to replace the currently locked version. Thank you. Anthony.Sebastian 20:36, 3 April 2012 (UTC), Approval Manager
- Matt, thank you for completing the process. I think Pat Palmer should have been the second approving editor, not Anthony.Sebastian. I missed that on the metadata page. Not sure we need to make any change, or that we even could if we wanted. Sorry, learning curves get steeper progressively after age 70. May have to up my fish oil supplement. Anthony.Sebastian 01:44, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
- Haha, you're not the only one, Anthony! I can't keep all these rules straight :) SO, does Pat have to put her name in the template herself (like editor's used to do before)? D. Matt Innis 02:25, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
History of economic thought certified for approval
Alice and Bob certified for approval
Matt, will you complete the Approval Mechanics for Alice and Bob.
Thank you. Anthony.Sebastian 19:48, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
- Matt, shouldn't the Economics Talk page be archived/moved and a fresh ones started for the new Draft? Anthony.Sebastian 15:37, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
- As part of Approval Mechanics, we've never archived a talk page immediately after an approval. Archiving has historically been left up to those working on the page. D. Matt Innis 23:48, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
Passive attack certified for approval
Matt, will you complete the approval process for this excellent article. I set status to "0". Thank you. Anthony.Sebastian 22:48, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
Active attack certified for approval
Matt, also this fine article. Status needs zeroing. Thanks. Anthony.Sebastian 23:03, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
- Excellent. I'll get to those as soon as I get a few minutes in a row. D. Matt Innis 02:05, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
Cryptology certified for approval
Matt, Cryptology certified for approval. Will you complete the approval process. Sandy will be delighted to see the three computer articles approved and locked.
Thanks. And thanks for taking on this constable job. —Anthony.Sebastian 18:42, 22 June 2012 (UTC)
Could use image help
Hi Matt! I uploaded this image today and for whatever reason the image did not upload correctly. Could you please fix it or guide me to someone who could help. See: http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/File:512px-Robert_patton.jpg Thanks! Mary Ash 01:44, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
Articles needing completion of Approval Mechanics
Matt, so far as I can tell, three articles still need completion of Approval Mechanics:
Thanks. —Anthony.Sebastian 20:57, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for making this easier for me Anthony. Sorry for the delay. Got an IPad for father's day and it doesn't allow me to edit easily here at Citizendium, so I had to wait till I was able to drag out the ole laptop. We also lost one of my great nieces this week, so there has been some lack of motivation. But, things should be back on track here soon. D. Matt Innis 15:57, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
- One can never really know someone else's reality, since much of it's interior. Hard to lose a loved one.
- I too acquired an iPad recently, just learning. If you find a way to edit CZ using it, please let me know.
- Anyway, we've added three more excellent articles to the approved category. Thanks for making it official. —Anthony.Sebastian 02:40, 1 July 2012 (UTC)
Millions of Users
Hi Matt. I found http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Facebook and thought I'd pass it along. Coupled with some people-powered marketing via Twitter and Facebook and perhaps some paid Facebook ads keyed to display when the keyword "Wikipedia" is used on a Facebook page, it could perhaps kick some life back into this project. Obviously, people on Facebook already use their real names. Stephen Ewen 08:31, 1 July 2012 (UTC)
- This is a great idea, in my humble opinion. Citizendium is a ghost town... piggybacking off Facebook's single sign on and verification process could be a brilliant way to attract more people. Having a 'Citizenium Facebook page' and some targeted ads could bring in more (much needed) Citizens Eric M Gearhart 13:03, 1 July 2012 (UTC)
Citizen's vs. Citizens'
Matt, our logo shows: Citizens' Compendium. Otherwise, very nice. Anthony.Sebastian 02:09, 3 July 2012 (UTC)
- Of course! Thanks, Anthony. D. Matt Innis 02:57, 3 July 2012 (UTC)
- The latter seems to make a bit more sense, though either might do. Peter Jackson 08:11, 3 July 2012 (UTC)
- Mary, Sorry for the delay. I'll get to it ASAP! D. Matt Innis 17:38, 9 July 2012 (UTC)
- DoneD. Matt Innis 17:39, 9 July 2012 (UTC)
Europe is now certified for approval
Matt, Europe now certified for approval. Will you complete the Approval Mechanics.
Thank you.Anthony.Sebastian 20:53, 7 August 2012 (UTC)
- Matt, I changed the version, and the final approval date. Anthony.Sebastian 03:48, 13 August 2012 (UTC)
- Done. FYI, Anthony, I was able to use the iPad for everything but the last step which required pasting the entire article over the redirect. I still don't trust it (or myself) enough. D. Matt Innis 02:44, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, Matt. Someday I will ask you the meaning of "pasting the entire article over the redirect"...
Anthony.Sebastian 04:01, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
- The next to last step is to copy the entire draft article from the draft and paste it back into the main page. The redirect was created when the original article was moved to the draft location. Hope that makes sense! D. Matt Innis 04:25, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
Am finally able to sign in and am making an edit to make sure the wiki is working. FYI, we've been broken off and on for hours. D. Matt Innis 22:50, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
Theodor Lohmann/Draft certified for re-approval
Matt, will you kindly complete Approval Mechanics for this article. Thank you. Anthony.Sebastian 22:46, 11 September 2012 (UTC)
- Finished. Thank You! D. Matt Innis 00:15, 12 September 2012 (UTC)
- And thank you. Anthony.Sebastian 02:31, 12 September 2012 (UTC)
please delete a false-start article
- Got it. D. Matt Innis 03:25, 16 September 2012 (UTC)
Civil society/Draft certified
Matt, will you kindly complete the Approval Mechanics for Civil society/Draft.
Thank you. Anthony.Sebastian 03:52, 18 September 2012 (UTC)
- Finished.D. Matt Innis 02:45, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
Block cipher/Draft certified
Matt, will you kindly complete the Approval mechanics for Block cipher/Draft.
Thank you. Anthony.Sebastian 04:00, 18 September 2012 (UTC)
- Done.D. Matt Innis 02:45, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
Re-approval of Air pollution dispersion terminology/Draft
The Air pollution dispersion terminology article was approved on January 26, 2009. Since that time, these minor edits have been made:
- I added a wiki link on Feb 3, 2009
- Caesar Shinas updated the coding for one of the images on June 8, 2009
- I updated the ADMS reference link on July 7, 2009
- I deleted part of a reference link on October 12, 2009
- I corrected a spelling error of one word on February 17, 2010
- I added another wiki link on September 20, 2010
- I corrected a wiki link on May 24, 2011
- I replaced 3 broken reference links with 3 live, working links.
As you can see, the above edits involved reference links, wiki links, a spelling typo and updating of an image coding. None of them changed any of the article's content. On that basis, can you just re-approve the article once you have verified the above listed edits? Please let me know. Milton Beychok 05:05, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Milt, I've asked our approvals manager, Anthony, to take a look so we can do it for you. D. Matt Innis 16:29, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
- Draft will be certfied for re-approval 26-sep-2012 if no objections. Anthony.Sebastian 22:35, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
- Matt, will you complete Approval Mechanics. Draft certified for re-approval. Thanks. Anthony.Sebastian 20:34, 27 September 2012 (UTC)
- Done. D. Matt Innis 03:13, 29 September 2012 (UTC)
Hi Matt, I've tagged a meta page left behind when I moved a page for deletion (Template:Pantheon/Metadata). It's not urgent, but I just wanted to check that I've used the right template as there are 135 pages in the automatically generated category. Thanks, Richard Nevell 21:15, 28 October 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Richard! You were right on the mark. That's exactly how you do it! D. Matt Innis 00:02, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
- Good to know, thanks for sorting that out. Richard Nevell 21:11, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
Neanderthals and political cartoons
I was briefly reading through the Neanderthal and noticed this image. It was included in a section on diet, and as it's a political cartoon as removed it as it's not relevant. But now I'm wondering if it should be deleted. There's no licencing information on the file's page, and as it's not used perhaps it should be deleted to be on the safe side? Richard Nevell 22:27, 5 February 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks, Richard, I deleted due tothe questionable copyright status. D. Matt Innis 17:56, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
- By the way, I noticed that in the Approved version of Ancient Celtic music there's a problem with one of the references. It's after the third sentence of the second paragraph at the top of the article. After "By the time of Augustus, musical education must have widely gained ground in Gaul, otherwise Iulius Sacrovir couldn't have used the erudite Gauls as a decoy, after Sacrovir and Iulius Florus had occupied the city of Augustodonum during the Gallic insurrection in 21 AD." Looking at the source, I think some noinclude tags are causing the problem. There are several of them, but only one seems to be causing this problem (I'm not sure what the rest are doing). Richard Nevell 22:43, 12 February 2013 (UTC)
Re Pompeii and Steam generator
- Matt, have you had a chance to complete the Approval Process for Pompeii? Anthony.Sebastian 04:04, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
Nomination for the Management Council
You have been nominated for a seat on the Management Council in the July-August Special Election. The nominator was myself. To accept or decline this nomination, please visit the Nominations page by midnight UTC on July 27th. You may write an election statement for each if you wish (linked from the Nominations page).
The Management Council seat expires on either June 30th, 2014, or June 30th, 2015 (the successful candidate with fewest voting receiving the shorter term). In the event that Referendum 1 is passed, all seats will expire on June 30th, 2014. Thanks! John Stephenson 17:19, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
I would like my citizendium account to be deleted, and that my name does not appear anymore on Citizendium.
I've tried to figure out how to do that myself but I've failed.
- I have reduced Sylvain's user page to the briefest of details and deleted the edit history. John Stephenson 22:11, 2 October 2013 (UTC)
Hi Matt. I was just checking in to see how things were going, looking at recent changes and such. I've done this from time-to-time over the past two years plus. It seems like the project has been stuck in sort of a rut for a long time. :-(
I have ideas to breath new life in to the project and would consider donating some time to put feet to them. Email me if you think the ideas might be worth considering: stephen.ewen AT gmail.com
Stephen Ewen 07:30, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
Request for insight from Author Representative
Hi Matt. I would appreciate your insight and/or feedback regarding a concern I have recently expressed to Constabulary. I value your opinion. Christine Bush 01:12, 22 October 2014 (UTC)
- Sure, Christine, I'll be glad to take a look. D. Matt Innis 01:17, 23 October 2014 (UTC)