Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Telephone, or pages that link to Telephone or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Telephone. Needs checking by a human.
- BBC : British state-owned radio and TV broadcasting organization founded in 1922 under Lord John Reith.
- Cellular telephony : A set of techniques that let many low-powered portable telephones connect to the fixed network, often exchanging data and images as well as voice
- Communication : The set of interactive processes that create shared meaning.
- Computer network : A collection of computers or digital devices ("nodes") connected by communication links.
- Conference call : Conference by telephone in which three or more persons in different locations participate by means of a central switching unit.
- Convergence of communications : Technical specifications and infrastructure to allow all types of communications (e.g., telephone, web, television) to interface over a common set of information transfer technologies
- Edinburgh : The capital of Scotland.
- Frequency modulation : Technique for imposing information onto a electromagnetic signal of constant frequency -- the "carrier wave".
- Intelligent Voice Response : A means of human-to-computer interfacing, most commonly implemented over a voice telephone call, in which the response to user input is in the form of either prerecorded or synthesized speech
- Journalism : Practice of writing about daily events of interest to people - politics, international affairs, sports, etc.
- Knitting : Method of creating fabric by means of pulling rows of loops of yarn through other loops with straight needles.
- Marketing : An academic discipline which involves vocational training in many areas of business, such as advertising, public relations, product design, pricing, distribution, sales force management, and so on.
- Packet : A unit of information transferred between intermediate switches or routers in a packet-based communication system; the most basic differentiation of packets are whether they contain full source and destination addresses (i.e., are datagrams) or have only the identifier of a connection, which the intermediate device needs to look up to find the destination and take a second step to decide where to forward the packet
- Ring (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- SIGINT ground-based platforms : Fixed, transportable or mobile facilities, on land, which contain signals intelligence sensors
- Spoken language : An example of language produced using some of the articulatory organs, e.g. the mouth, vocal folds or lungs, or intended for production by these organs; alternatively, the entire act of communicating verbally - what people mean or intend, the words they use, their accent, intonation and so on.
- Star Trek : Popular American science fiction television series, created by Gene Roddenberry; gained an enormous cult following and spawned an entire fictional universe, films, other series and an extremely successful business enterprise.
- Telephone Number Mapping : A suite of protocols to unify the telephone numbering system E.164 with the Internet addressing system DNS by using an indirect lookup method, to obtain NAPTR records.
- Telephone newspaper : A telephone-based news service in the first years after market introduction of the telephone.
- Television : Electronic transmission of moving pictures.
- Unicode : Character encoding standard designed to formalize a universal representation of alphanumeric symbols.
- Universal emergency telephone number system : A single, short telephone number, such as 911 or 112, which will connect the caller to a dispatcher capable of determining the need for ambulance, police, fire or other emergency services, and arranging for the service(s) to get to the location where the problem exists
- Voice (communications) : In communications technology, the range of frequencies carried by a telephone or radio intended to be adequate for clearly understandable spoken language, but not necessarily voice (music)
- Voice (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Voice Over IP : Add brief definition or description
- Voice over Internet Protocol : Add brief definition or description
- Warrantless surveillance : Add brief definition or description
- World Wide Web : Add brief definition or description