Subcommittee on International Organizations, Human Rights and Oversight/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Subcommittee on International Organizations, Human Rights and Oversight, or pages that link to Subcommittee on International Organizations, Human Rights and Oversight or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. House Committee on Foreign Affairs : The committee of the U.S. House of Representatives with jurisdiction over international relations of the United States
- U.S. foreign policy : The foreign relations and diplomacy of the United States since 1775.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights : Declaration adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1948, consisting of 30 articles with definitions of civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights.
- Bill Delahunt : Representative from Massachusetts to the U.S. House of Representatives; Democrat representing Cape Cod and the southern shore; reelected five times and unopposed in 2008 and retiring in 2010; House Judiciary Committee; co-chair Congressional Working Group on Cuba; Co-Founder, Out of Iraq Caucus; Congressional Internet Caucus
- Dana Rohrabacher : U.S. Representative (R-California) House Foreign Affairs Committee
- United Nations : An international organization that was founded in 1945 with the mission of preventing international war, protecting human rights, supporting social progress and justice, and helping with economic progress.
- American Red Cross : A U.S. group, formed in 1881 by Clara Barton, and based on the Swiss-inspired International Committee of the Red Cross. Among its first initiatives were adoption of the first of the Geneva Conventions protecting war-injured combatants and non-combatants was ratified by the United States Congress, which also chartered the Red Cross, in 1882.