Scarborough Castle/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Scarborough Castle, or pages that link to Scarborough Castle or to this page or whose text .
- Scarborough, North Yorkshire : Seaside resort, fishing port and former spa town on the east coast of North Yorkshire, England; once an important mediaeval port and site of a major royal castle (population about 52,000).
- Castle : A type of medieval fortified which acted as the residence of a lord or noble.
Creators, builders and occupants
Signal station occupiers, 4th century
- Ancient Rome : The most powerful empire of the ancient world.
Earliest fort, 1138
Monarchs who maintained or used the stone castle
- Henry II : Add brief definition or description
- John of England : Add brief definition or description
- Henry III : An Angevin King of England (I1216-1272), son of John and father of Edward I.
- Henry VI : Add brief definition or description
- Edward I : (1272-1307) English king who conquered Wales and attempted to conquer Scotland.
- Edward II : Add brief definition or description
- Richard III : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Richard III (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Piers Gaveston : Add brief definition or description
- Henry de Percy : Add brief definition or description
English Civil War
- Great Siege of Scarborough Castle : Major English Civil War conflict of 1645; after five months of defence, the Royalist garrison finally surrendered to Parliamentary forces.
- Sir Hugh Cholmley, 1st Baronet : Add brief definition or description
- Sir Matthew Boynton, 1st Baronet : Add brief definition or description
- George Fox : (1625-1691) Widely regarded as the founder of the Religious Society of Friends, also known as the Quakers.
- Bombardment of Scarborough, Whitby and Hartlepool : First World War attack by the German Navy on English seaports on the morning of 16th December 1914.
- Yorkshire : Region of northern England and the United Kingdom.
- English Civil War : 1641-1651 conflict between Parliamentarians and Royalists loyal to the monarchy.