< RoutingJump to navigation Jump to search
- Computer networking reference models : Add brief definition or description
- Computer network : A collection of computers or digital devices ("nodes") connected by communication links.
- Control plane : Functions in a router that tell it how to direct packets through the forwarding plane; include routing protocols that draw the "map" of the network
- Forwarding plane : The part of the router architecture that decides what to do with packets arriving on an inbound interface.
- Routing protocol : Add brief definition or description
Routed network design
- Constraint-based routing : Add brief definition or description
- Potato routing : A routing paradigm in which the routing sends a packet to the closest exit (i.e., hot potato), minimizing the resources needed to route it, or alternatively holds it as long as possible to guarantee the performance that the packet encounters.
- Per-hop behavior : Add brief definition or description
- Routing policy : Add brief definition or description
- Multihoming : A wide range of techniques for providing multiple communications paths among logical or physical points in computer networks, primarily for fault tolerance but also for load distribution or traffic engineering