Rankine (unit)/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Rankine (unit), or pages that link to Rankine (unit) or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : a branch of engineering that uses chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems involving fuel, drugs, food, and many other products.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Willam John Macquorn Rankine : Add brief definition or description
- Atmospheric science : The umbrella term for the study of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Oceanography : The scientific study of the oceans.
- Temperature : A fundamental quantity in physics - describes how warm or cold a system is.
- Absolute zero : The point at which no further heat can be removed from an object.
- Celsius : Unit of temperature, defined by a scale in which the melting point of water is set to zero, and the temperature difference between the melting and the boiling points to 100.
- Chemical engineering : a branch of engineering that uses chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems involving fuel, drugs, food, and many other products
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Fahrenheit : A unit of temperature, defined by the melting point of water being at 32 degrees (°F), and the temperature difference between the melting and the boiling points to 180.
- Heat : A form of energy that flows spontaneously from hotter to colder bodies that are in thermal contact.
- International Temperature Scale of 1990 : Add brief definition or description
- Kelvin : Unit of temperature, with 0 degrees set to absolute zero and the difference between the melting and boiling points of water being 100 degrees, as with Celsius; one of the seven SI base units.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Temperature conversion : The process of transforming values of temperature measured in one unit to values in another unit.
- Thermodynamic temperature : Add brief definition or description
- Thermometer : Add brief definition or description