< QuettaJump to navigation Jump to search
- Pakistan : Country in southern Asia, established as a Muslim state split from India in 1947, bordering the Arabian Sea to the south, India to the east, Iran and Afghanistan to the west, and China to the north.
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Taliban in Pakistan : Activities of the Taliban movement to take political control of parts of Pakistan, rather than using Pakistan as a sanctuary to operate in Afghanistan
- Taliban and the present Afghan government : Explorations, by the present government of Afghanistan, to bring Taliban elements into a national unity government
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- Pashtun people : An Eastern Iranian ethnic group primarily located in Southern Afghanistan in the Northwest Frontier Province, Federally Administered Tribal Area and Balochistan Province of western Pakistan; language is Pashto
- U.S. intelligence and transnational crime and drugs : Activities of the United States intelligence community that are concerned with transnational crime and the drug trade, beyond the jurisdiction of domestic law enforcement