Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Pollutant, or pages that link to Pollutant or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Environmental science : Interdisciplinary scientific field that integrates physical and life sciences including physics, chemistry, biology, soil science, geology, and geography in the study of the physical environment and the solution of environmental problems.
- Health sciences : Add brief definition or description
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Environmental chemistry : The scientific study of the chemical and biochemical phenomena that occurs in natural places.
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Accidental release source terms : The mathematical equations that estimate the rate at which accidental releases of air pollutants into the atmosphere may occur at industrial facilities.
- Air pollutant concentrations : Methods for conversion of air pollutant concentrations.
- Air pollution : The presence of contaminants or pollutant substances in the air (air pollutants) that interfere with human health or welfare, or produce other harmful environmental effects.
- Air pollution dispersion modeling : Describes the basic mathematical simulation (i.e., modeling) of how buoyant air pollutants disperse in the atmosphere.
- Air pollution dispersion terminology : Describes and explains the words and technical terms that have a special meaning to workers in the field of air pollution dispersion modeling.
- Air pollution emissions : The term used to describe any gases, liquid droplets and solid particulates which are emitted or discharged into the atmospheric air and adversely affect the health of humans, animals, ecosystems or the usefulness of a natural resource.
- Air Quality Index : A number used by government agencies to characterize the quality of the ambient air at a given location.
- AP 42 Compilation of Air Pollutant Emission Factors : Description and discussion of the United States Environmental Protection Agency's publication AP 42 Compilation of Air Pollutant Emission Factors.
- European Environment Agency : An agency of the European Union (EU) established as a major source of information and data for developing, adopting, implementing and evaluating environmental policy by member European countries.
- Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment : A research institute that is an independent agency of the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport and is a recognised leading center of expertise in the fields of health, nutrition and environmental protection.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency : An agency of the federal government of the United States of America whose mission is to protect human health and safeguard the natural environment (air, water and land) of the nation