< PRC-119Jump to navigation Jump to search
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/PRC-119. Needs checking by a human.
- AN- : U.S. military nomenclature for electronic equipment, following the Joint Electronics Type Designation System
- Joint Tactical Radio System : A wide-ranging replacement of conventional military radio and communications security equipment with software-defined radio
- PRC-117 : A recent, but prior to the Joint Tactical Radio System, U.S. military tactical software-defined radio family that operates in the full VHF/UHF frequency range, with an internal encryption unit, and compatibility with SINCGARS and HAVE QUICK II
- PRC-25 : The basic U.S. military squad tactical radio, along with its slightly upgraded version, the AN/PRC-77, introduced in 1962 and in service for approximately 30 years
- Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System : A family of military radios, intended for ground combat and operating in the very high frequency (VHF) part of the electromagnetic spectrum; it uses frequency agility and is otherwise designed to operate in an electronic warfare environment
- Squad tactical radio : The designation, in U.S. and many other militaries, for a backpack radio assigned to squads of 9-13 soldiers, used for tactical coordination over a range of approximately 5 miles/8 kilometers; subsequent generations are more rugged, secure, and more power-efficient