Norwegian Institute for Air Research/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Norwegian Institute for Air Research, or pages that link to Norwegian Institute for Air Research or to this page or whose text .
- Atmospheric science : The umbrella term for the study of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Climatology : Add brief definition or description
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Air pollutant concentrations : Methods for conversion of air pollutant concentrations.
- Air pollution dispersion modeling : Describes the basic mathematical simulation (i.e., modeling) of how buoyant air pollutants disperse in the atmosphere.
- Air pollution dispersion terminology : Describes and explains the words and technical terms that have a special meaning to workers in the field of air pollution dispersion modeling.
- Air Quality Modeling Group : A group within the U.S. EPA's Office of Air and Radiation that provides leadership and direction on the use of air quality models and air pollution dispersion models.
- Air Resources Laboratory : A group within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that develops climate models, air quality models and models for dispersion, transformation and removal of atmospheric pollutants.
- American Meteorological Society : A professional society that promotes the development and dissemination of information and education on the atmospheric and related oceanic and hydrologic sciences and the advancement of their professional applications.
- Climate : The overall weather pattern for an extended period for any defined geographical location which may be over any size of area up to and including the entire Earth.
- Czech Hydrometeorological Institute : The Czech governmental institute responsible for the study, research and information of air quality, meteorology and hydrology.
- Federal Environment Agency of Germany : The central federal authority for environmental matters in Germany.
- Finnish Meteorological Institute : The government agency responsible for gathering and reporting weather data and forecasts in Finland.
- Met Office : The United Kingdom's national weather service and an executive agency of the United Kingom's Ministry of Defence.
- National Environmental Research Institute of Denmark : An independent environmental research institute within the University of Aarhus in Denmark that undertakes scientific consulting work and monitoring of the environment as well as applied and strategic research.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration : A scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce focused on the conditions of the oceans and the atmosphere.
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Royal Dutch Meteorological Institute : The Dutch national weather forecasting service and also the national research and information centre for climate change, air pollution dispersion modeling and seismology.
- Royal Meteorological Society : The United Kingdom's professional society whose mission is to advance the understanding of weather and climate, the science and its applications, for the benefit of all.
- Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute : A Swedish governmental meteorological and hydrological institute.
- UK Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling Liaison Committee : An organization, that reviews and studies atmospheric dispersion modeling, composed of representatives from UK governmental departments, agencies and research organizations as well as from non-governmental organizations and groups.
- UK Dispersion Modelling Bureau : Add brief definition or description
- UK Environment Agency : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency : Add brief definition or description