Norwegian Institute for Air Research/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Norwegian Institute for Air Research, or pages that link to Norwegian Institute for Air Research or to this page or whose text .
- Atmospheric science : The umbrella term for the study of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Chemical engineering : a branch of engineering that uses chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems involving fuel, drugs, food, and many other products
- Climatology : Add brief definition or description
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Air pollutant concentrations : Methods for conversion of air pollutant concentrations.
- Air pollution dispersion modeling : Describes the basic mathematical simulation (i.e., modeling) of how buoyant air pollutants disperse in the atmosphere.
- Air pollution dispersion terminology : Describes and explains the words and technical terms that have a special meaning to workers in the field of air pollution dispersion modeling.
- Air Quality Modeling Group : A group within the U.S. EPA's Office of Air and Radiation that provides leadership and direction on the use of air quality models and air pollution dispersion models.
- Air Resources Laboratory : A group within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that develops climate models, air quality models and models for dispersion, transformation and removal of atmospheric pollutants.
- American Meteorological Society : A professional society that promotes the development and dissemination of information and education on the atmospheric and related oceanic and hydrologic sciences and the advancement of their professional applications.
- Climate : The overall weather pattern for an extended period for any defined geographical location which may be over any size of area up to and including the entire Earth.
- Czech Hydrometeorological Institute : The Czech governmental institute responsible for the study, research and information of air quality, meteorology and hydrology.
- Federal Environment Agency of Germany : The central federal authority for environmental matters in Germany.
- Finnish Meteorological Institute : The government agency responsible for gathering and reporting weather data and forecasts in Finland.
- Met Office : The United Kingdom's national weather service and an executive agency of the United Kingom's Ministry of Defence.
- National Environmental Research Institute of Denmark : An independent environmental research institute within the University of Aarhus in Denmark that undertakes scientific consulting work and monitoring of the environment as well as applied and strategic research.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration : A scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce focused on the conditions of the oceans and the atmosphere.
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Royal Dutch Meteorological Institute : The Dutch national weather forecasting service and also the national research and information centre for climate change, air pollution dispersion modeling and seismology.
- Royal Meteorological Society : The United Kingdom's professional society whose mission is to advance the understanding of weather and climate, the science and its applications, for the benefit of all.
- Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute : A Swedish governmental meteorological and hydrological institute.
- UK Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling Liaison Committee : An organization, that reviews and studies atmospheric dispersion modeling, composed of representatives from UK governmental departments, agencies and research organizations as well as from non-governmental organizations and groups.
- UK Dispersion Modelling Bureau : Add brief definition or description
- UK Environment Agency : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency : Add brief definition or description