National Diet (Japan)/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to National Diet (Japan), or pages that link to National Diet (Japan) or to this page or whose text .
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Politics of Japan
- House of Representatives (Japan) : Lower house of the Japanese parliament.
- House of Councillors : Upper house of the Japanese parliament.
- Government of Japan : Add brief definition or description
- Prime Minister of Japan : Head of government of Japan; not an immensely powerful executive, influenced by the monarchy prior to 1945, and subsequently by the complex coalitions of Japanese top-level decisionmaking
- Japanese party government before World War Two : In 1874, during Meiji Restoration, Japan created political parties, the first party government taking office in 1900; the parties had similarities to but important differences with parliamentary parties in the West; the last prewar parties dissolved themselves in 1940
- Meiji Restoration : Beginning in 1868, the major change in Japanese governance coming from the end of the Tokugawa Shogunate not only restoration of the monarchy as the real head of state, but also the modernization of the form of government from feudal to technical-bureaucratic, the end of the samurai class and the development of a national military
- Liberal Democratic Party (Japan) : (自由民主党 Jiyuu-Minshutoo) Conservative Japanese political party which has held power near-uninterrupted since 1955.
- Democratic Party of Japan : (民主党 Minshutou) political party formed in 1998 through the merger of parties in opposition to the governing Liberal Democratic Party, including former members of the LDP; won the 2009 Japanese general election and formed a coalition government, but lost heavily to the LDP in 2012.
Liberal Democratic Party
- Shinzo Abe : (安倍晋三 Abe Shinzoo; 1954-2022) Prime Minister of Japan (2012–2020; 2006–2007) and former leader of the Liberal Democratic Party; longest-serving Japanese premier in history.
- Sadakazu Tanigaki : Add brief definition or description
Democratic Party of Japan
- Yoshihiko Noda : (野田佳彦) Japanese Prime Minister and leader of the Democratic Party of Japan from August 2011 to December 2012.
- Naoto Kan : Former Japanese Prime Minister and leader of the Democratic Party of Japan from June 2010 until August 2011.
- Ichiro Ozawa : Add brief definition or description
- Yukio Hatoyama : (鳩山由紀夫 Hatoyama Yukio) former Prime Minister of Japan and ex-leader of the Democratic Party of Japan (2009-2010); led the party to its first election victory, ousting the Liberal Democratic Party of which he was a former member after 55 years of near-uninterrupted rule (born 1947).
- New Komeito : Add brief definition or description
- Japan Restoration Party : Add brief definition or description
- Your Party : Add brief definition or description
- Social Democratic Party (Japan) : Add brief definition or description
- Japanese Communist Party : Add brief definition or description
- People's New Party : Add brief definition or description
- Kunio Hatoyama : Add brief definition or description
- Ryuhei Kawada : Add brief definition or description