Mediterranean Sea/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Mediterranean Sea, or pages that link to Mediterranean Sea or to this page or whose text .
- Africa : Continent stretching over the equator, hosting deserts, tropical jungles and savannah as well as over fifty nations; population about 900,000,000.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Middle East : A geographical region in Asia that also contains small parts of Europe and Africa.
- Sea : Add brief definition or description
- Balkan peninsula : Geographic name for a region of southeastern Europe, surrounded by the Black Sea to the east, by Aegean, Mediterranean and Ionian Sea to the south, and by the Adriatic Sea to the west.
- Egypt : A country in the northeastern corner of Africa, bordering Sudan, Libya, the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Greece : The southernmost Balkan nation, the Hellenic Republic (Greece; population c. 11 million; capital Athens) is bordered by Albania, the (former Yugoslav) Republic of Macedonia, Bulgaria and Turkey, and with a coastline on the Ionian, Aegean and Mediterranean seas.
- Ancient Greece : The loose collection of Greek-speaking city-states centered on the Aegean Sea which flourished from the end of the Mycenaean age to the Roman conquest of Greece in 146 BC.
- Italy : Southern European republic (population c. 58.1 million; capital Rome) that has northern borders with France, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia, and coastlines on the Tyrrhenian, Mediterranean, Ionian and Adriatic seas; founding member of the European Union.
- Malta : An island republic (population c. 403,500; capital Valletta) lying in the Mediterranean Sea, midway between Europe and North Africa; of the four main islands of the Maltese Archipelago, Gozo, Malta and Kummuna are inhabited and Filfla is not.
- Spain : South-west European parliamentary monarchy (population c. 40.5 million; capital Madrid) between the Atlantic Ocean and Bay of Biscay to the north-west and the Mediterranean Sea to the south and east; the Pyrenees mountain range forms the border with France to the north-east, and Portugal is situated to the west.
- Syria : Country in the Middle East, facing the Mediterranean Sea, and sharing borders with Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey.
- Atlantic Ocean : Second largest ocean in the world; separates the Americas from Europe and Africa.
- Adriatic Sea : Extension of the Mediterranean Sea that separates the Balkan and the Apennine peninsulas.
- Apennine peninsula : A boot-shaped peninsula in southern Europe extending into the Mediterranean Sea.
- Camargue Natural Regional Park : Natural Park in Camargue (Provence, France), at the junction of the Rhone River and the Mediterranean Sea.
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Mediterranean Sea. Needs checking by a human.
- Alexander the Great : King of Macedon who conquered the Persian Empire in the late 4th century BCE.
- Asia : The largest continent in both land area (with 30% of Earth's land area) and population (with 4 billion people, or 60% of Earth's population).
- County of Nice : A historical region of France, located in the south-eastern part, around the city of Nice.
- Côte d'Azur : Tourist region along the Mediterranean Sea, in eastern Provence (France) and Monaco.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt : (January 30, 1882 – April 12, 1945), often called FDR, the President of the United States 1933 to 1945.
- Gaza Strip : 26-mile-long Middle Eastern coastal region long the Mediterranean Sea, bordering Egypt and Israel; population about 1.4 million Palestinian people, governed by Hamas since June 2007.
- Iberian Peninsula : Peninsula containing Portugal, Spain, Andorra and Gibraltar, bordering the Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean.
- Iraq : Add brief definition or description
- Israel : Add brief definition or description
- Knight : Add brief definition or description
- Lebanon : Add brief definition or description
- Marseille : Add brief definition or description
- Monaco : Add brief definition or description
- Morocco : Add brief definition or description
- Nice : Add brief definition or description
- Occitania : Add brief definition or description
- Operation Torch : Add brief definition or description
- Palestine : Add brief definition or description
- Port-Cros : Add brief definition or description
- Provence : Add brief definition or description
- Tel Aviv : Add brief definition or description
- Turkey : Add brief definition or description
- València, Valencian Country : Add brief definition or description