Matter (physics)/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Matter (physics), or pages that link to Matter (physics) or to this page or whose text .
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Classical mechanics : The science of mechanics, which is concerned with the set of physical laws governing and mathematically describing the motions of bodies and aggregates of bodies geometrically distributed within a certain boundary under the action of a system of forces.
- Mass : The total amount of a substance, or alternatively, the total energy of a substance.
- Quantum mechanics : An important branch of physics dealing with the behavior of matter and energy at very small scales.
- Chemical elements : In one sense, refers to species or types of atoms, each species/type distinguished by the number of protons in the nuclei of the atoms belonging to the species/type, each species/type having a unique number of nuclear protons; in another sense, refers to substances, or pieces of matter, each composed of multiple atoms solely of a single species/type.
- Laws of conservation : The laws of science which state that a particular measurable property (or quantity) of an isolated physical system does not change (i.e., is constant) during the course of time.
- Matter (chemistry) : In general chemistry, from the perspective of Newtonian mechanics, anything that occupies space and has mass.
- Particle physics : The branch of physics that deals with subatomic particles.