Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- British Air Ministry. Rise and Fall of the German Air Force (1948, 1969), excellent official British history
- Claasen, Adam R. A.Hitler's Northern War: The Luftwaffe's Ill-Fated Campaign, 1940-1945. (2001). 338 pp.
- Cooper, Matthew. The German Air Force, 1933-1945: An anatomy of failure (1981)
- Corum, James S. and Muller, Richard R. The Luftwaffe's Way of War: German Air Force Doctrine, 1911-1945. (1998). 295 pp.
- Corum, James S. The Luftwaffe: Creating the Operational Air War, 1918-1940. (1997). 368 pp.
- Craven, Wesley Frank and J. L. Cate. The Army Air Forces in World War II (5 vol 1949), detailed official U.S. history; see vol 2 and 3 online edition
- Harvey, A.D. "The Soviet Air Force versus the Luftwaffe: History Today. 52#1 (January 2002) pp 48+ in EBSCO and online edition
- Griehl, Manfred. Luftwaffe over America: The Secret Plans to Bomb the United States in World War II. (2004). 256 pp.
- Hayward, Joel. Stopped at Stalingrad: The Luftwaffe and Hitler's Defeat in the East, 1942-1943 (2001) excerpt and text search
- Macksey, Kenneth. Kesselring: The Making of the Luftwaffe. (1979). 262 pp. Biography of leading general
- Mitcham, Samuel W. Men of the Luftwaffe. (1988). 356 pp.
- Murray, Williamson. Luftwaffe: Strategy for Defeat, 1933-1945 (1985), the standard scholarly history excerpt and text search
- Overy, R. J. "Hitler and Air Strategy," Journal of Contemporary History 1980 15(3): 405-421. Issn: 0022-0094 in Jstor
- Overy, Richard J. The Air War, 1939-1945 (1981), sophisticated interpretation of all major powers
- Overy, Richard. Goering (1984) excerpt and text search
- Overy, Richard. The Battle of Britain: The Myth and the Reality (2002) excerpt and text search
- Proctor, Raymond L. Hitler's Luftwaffe in the Spanish Civil War. (1983). 289 pp.
- Spick, Mike. Luftwaffe Fighter Aces: the Jagdflieger and their Combat Tactics and Techniques (1996);
- Wark, Wesley K. "British Intelligence on the German Air Force and Aircraft Industry, 1933-1939." Historical Journal 1982 25(3): 627-648. Issn: 0018-246x in Jstor
- Westermann, Edward B. Flak: German Anti-Aircraft Defenses, 1914-1945 (2005); excerpt and text search
- Zeitlin, Jonathan. "Flexibility and Mass Production at War: Aircraft Manufacture in Britain, the United States, and Germany, 1939-1945," Technology and Culture, Vol. 36, No. 1 (Jan., 1995), pp. 46-79 in JSTOR
- Galland, Adolf. The First and the Last: German Fighter Forces in World War II (1955)
- Orange, Vincent. "The German Air Force Is Already 'The Most Powerful in Europe': Two Royal Air Force Officers Report on a Visit to Germany, 6-15 October 1936." Journal of Military History 2006 70(4): 1011-1028. Issn: 0899-3718 Fulltext: Ebsco